Friday, May 12, 2017

Packages in the Mail...

No pictures of painted miniatures in this post, no pictures of partially painted or even unpainted miniatures. That isn't to say that I haven't been painting; I finished the painting of my 3rd and final (for now) regiment of 10mm 1914 French. I have also been working on my first two battalions of 1914 Germans.

This week I received a package in the mail, it had UK postage and I knew it could be only one thing: TravelBattle by the Perry brothers! I, like many others, have always been fascinated by the battle in a box or the portable wargame, Years ago in high school, my gaming mate Rob and I would play a portable wargame exercise in our high school classes, it basically involved us drawing our imaginary armies and battle plans on two halves of paper and deciding who would have won based upon our plans and layouts. I digress...

TravelBattle is an old concept but one powered by the Perry Brothers and Renedra to put together a portable wargame. 8mm plastic miniatures, hex boards and terrain. The rules are simple but you want a quick game when on travel. I look forward to painting, assembling and painting this little set.


Speaking of packages in the mail, I went on a bit of a spending spree this week. I haven't been able to find pictures of Kallistra and Magister Militum WW1 figures side by side so I decided to order some Kallistra dismounted French dragoons and German Uhlans. When I receive them I will post pictures of them next to Pendraken dismounted cavalry and some MM WW1 figures on the blog. I also ordered some MM French 75s and German 77s. Since I prefer the Pendraken cannons over the MM ones, I order Pendraken 75s and German 77s too; I also ordered some Pendraken vehicles, an armored truck and a lorry. Can't wait for these three packages to come in the mail. 

No comments:

Post a Comment